|Short Crust Pastry||Back to Pastry page|
You will need:
225 g flour
good pinch salt
112 g fat
cold water to mix
1. Sieve flour and salt.
2. Rub in fat until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Using first a knife and the fingers to feel pastry, gradually add enough cold water to make dough into a rolling consistency.
4. Lightly flour rolling pin and pastry board.
5. Roll pastry to required thickness and shape, lifting and turning to keep it light.
6. Cooking times are given for individual recipes, but as a general rule it should be cooked in a hot oven (218 - 233 C).